What is Node.js?
- Run scripts server-side to create dynamic web page content,
- All before the page is even sent to the user’s browser.
Are there any other technologies that can do what Node.js does?
Many individuals may point out that the free data exchange between client and server has already been achieved, in the form of Java Applets and Flash. However, unlike Node.js, these were merely sandboxed environments and were run in isolation. Usually, they were operated over non-standardized ports. They utilized the web as a transport protocol in order to be delivered to the client.
Advantages of Node.js
So let’s take a look at the key advantages in using Node.js?
- When working with Node.js, you’re unlikely to run into many of the flaws that you would usually associate with working with streams. For example, you can process files at the time of uploading, reducing overall processing duration.
- An open source sharing culture has led to widespread problem solving. Meaning if you encounter a problem then it’s likely that a fellow user will already have a solution for you.
How has Node.js evolved within the market?
Upon being written initially by Ryan Dahl (and sponsored by Joyent), Node.js was initially supported by only Linux and Mac OS X. As it’s development continued, in July 2011 Microsoft released the first Node.js build supporting Windows after collaborating with Joyent, the platform’s sponsor from day 1. In order create uniformity, a neutral Node.js foundation was created after a vote in 2015. Currently, many big corporate collaborators are getting on board with Node.js software, including IBM, Microsoft, Netflix and Paypal.
Every six months (during April and October), a new major release of Node.js is cut from the GitHub master branch.
Node.js has been embraced by many developers, given its “community-sharing” culture. The surge in popularity is becoming more evident, with an increasing number of operating systems, web applications, microcontrollers and robots being testament to this phenomenal growth.
Enthuons Technologies Pvt Ltd offers world-class Node.js solutions to the companies and individuals with the disciplined, dedicated and innovative team of developers, consultants and architects. Enthuons is having 8+ years of experience in Node.js development.
– Setup your own Team within a week
– Interview candidate before hiring
– Both Onshore/Offshore delivery model available
– Assured commitment from Ideation to Completion
– Hire Node.JS developers working full time on the project
For more information please contact us: