Online shopping is great, because of the number of benefits and advantages you can get through with this method of shopping, a lot of consumers continue and turn into this way of shopping. The convenience and simplicity it offers make it more and more popular this era. Also, because it offers a wide range of choices, competitive prices, coupons and discounts from a lot of shopping sites, stress-free shopping and fewer expenses compare to the conventional way of shopping. However, as there are a lot of people who turn to online shopping there are also a lot of people who are scared or anxious to try it, maybe because of lack of experience and fright of divulging personal and financial information. This is understandable, especially because as there are a lot of successful online shopping made there are also a lot of fraud incident attached to this method. So to help you overcome these disturbing issues, through this article, you can find some guidelines on how you can have a secure online experience.
- Shop only through Trusted Online Shopping Websites. Yes, just by a simple search on the internet of the word “online shop”, thousands of results will be given to you. But before checking out and give your credit card information or any personal information, the first thing you should know is the reliability and trustworthiness of the site you are about to reveal those information. Upon doing a background check, beware as well of those sites that have overly positive reviews on user forums that might not be legitimate.
- Stay Safe Using Secure Connections
Ensure that the site you are about to shop from has a secure connection, secured are those who usually with https:// or those with an image of a lock. Prevent using Public Wifi when doing your online shopping, as Wifi has some limitations regarding securities. A hacker might intercept your traffic and see everything you are doing, they might obtain your username and password or worst are your personal and financial information.
- Pay through Payment Method that has a Buyer Protection. One safe way to pay your online shopping bill is through the use of payment methods that has a buyer protection. It’s better if you can pay through Paypal, credit card or virtual wallets rather than debit cards; because with these methods you can make a refund complaint once you or your bank thinks a fraud has been undertaken.
- Only give information that is necessarily needed. When making an online purchasing be aware of the information you are about to give. Usually, the only information you need to provide are your payment information and shipping location. Be suspicious of online shops that ask for information such as: date of birth, social security number or any other similar information. They don’t need it in order to sell you things.
- Use Unique Usernames and Strong Passwords. When creating an account to online shopping sites always use username and password that are unique and strong. The thing is, oftentimes when we are creating usernames and passwords to different websites we use the same for most of those sites. This can lead to a greater risk, so for better protection use different usernames and passwords for each site. And remember to keep your passwords private and don’t set your computer to remember your credit card number or password when you create an account on an online shopping site.
With strong knowledge and security, you can do your online shopping with confidence and in a successful way. One should always be aware of those they think are too suspicious and give offers that are too good to be true. Be alert and wise when doing your online shopping to not become one of the victims of internet and shopping fraud.
Where can you go for additional help?
Whether you are a simple shopper or a business tycoon that is planning on shopping online with China’s online shopping sites or you wish to source items from manufacturers from China but don’t have the confidence and knowledge to do so. You can use the services of China Buying Agents, these agents are professional and expert agents that know every aspect of shopping in China and knowledgeable with international shipping as well.