Hello everyone, this time we came with the amazing trick to block website in Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10. Every parents knows that which website is good for their kids and which one is not. So now you can block website on windows if you don’t allow your kids to open those. Lets follow the below steps to block a website.
How to Block Websites in Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10
- First you need to open the windows explorer and go to C Drive.
- After clicking on C Drive, follow this path Windows>System32>drivers>etc
- Under etc folder you will see the “hosts” file as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Right click on this “hosts” file and choose “open with” option and then select Notepad. Check below screenshot
- Once hosts file in notepad, and press enter after the following line: ” ::1 localhost “
- For example if you want block Google.co.in the type this line ” 127.0.0.1 www.google.co.in “
- Save this file, and then google.co.in will not open your PC, as you blocked it.
- In case if you not been able to save the file and getting the error of Administrator access, then right click on “hosts” file and go to properties and then security tab and edit the permissions.
That’s it! Thanks for reading this post and hope you found it useful. Keep visiting us for more tricks and deals.